At Well Told, we believe that celebrating our passions is so important to leading a happy life, and that we can help bring those inspirations to interactions with everyday products. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers receive life inspired products they will love and help them inspire their next adventure. We Live Inspired.
Title: Creative Director
The Creative Director drives the overall design and creative content for Well Told – both internally and externally – this role partners with leaders to meet creative, marketing, brand, and business objectives. Core areas of responsibility include overall brand creative, which includes everything from directing layout, design, visual aesthetic of the brand, and direction on copy writing.
Well Told’s Creative Director must be ready & able to bring the big ideas, provide strategic perspective and vision to creative campaigns, and act as an evangelist for innovative, modern, premium, and on-brand creative working hard to maintain, evolve, and refine Well Told’s brand vision & image. Providing leadership and direction to the creative team, the Creative Director is ultimately responsible for all creative direction when it comes to all Well Told creative channels from retail & wholesale to promotional & seasonal initiatives; curation of website and other digital design assets and content to print marketing; packaging design; and development of the brand guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and champion the strategy and vision of Well Told’s creative in support of the overall brand and marketing objectives, and channel business needs
- Drive and direct creative strategy and deliverables of multi-channel campaigns. Guide all creative efforts to deliver premium, modern design and creative solutions
- Collaborate effectively as a creative partner with internal cross functional business partners, Marketing team, Design team, product management, and outside agencies/partners
- Continuously promote and evolve the Brand Style Guide to drive brand consistency across channels
- Share best practices and innovative creative solutions from the design/competitive landscape with a continuous pulse on current trends and noteworthy activities
- Represent the creative discipline in overall leadership of the team setting the example for creative excellence always leading by example
- Inspire the creative team with energy, passion, and thought leadership
- Participate in making decisions for the creative team
- Guide and promote a strength based, positive culture
- Participate in resourcing for the creative services team which includes planning project teams for upcoming projects, and adjusting resources as necessary on current projects
- Participate in recruiting and hiring efforts for the creative team which includes proactively identifying and bringing in creative talent, supporting the interview process efficiently and contributing to sound hiring decisions
- Inspire and motivate the entire creative team by promoting a high-performance fun environment, a strong sense of urgency, quality standards, creative exploration, innovation, and continuous learning
- Focus team efforts to ensure efficiency, prioritize projects, align resources and measure results
Who you are:
A successful candidate will possess in-depth experience with across all mediums including both print and digital design; proven ability to develop and lead a team, including developing designers and writers; solid business and project management chops; and strong relationship management skills in a highly driven, fast moving cross functional entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimum of 8 years of creative and brand leadership experience, with a focus on high quality design and content in premium consumer and e-commerce environments
- Minimum of 4 years of people management within creative or studio environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or related applicable field, Master's degree preferred
- Proven leadership ability to build a team by identifying the right creative talent, developing designers and writers from a creative aspect – improving their skills to become incredible creative talent
- Demonstrated creative expertise in a broad array of areas including multi-channel campaigns, print and digital advertising, POS, signage, packaging, web design and usability
- Strong, creative design sense for premium products
- Good eye for detail with a locked eye on the big picture
- Expertise in managing external partners, agencies, and freelancers
- Highly organized with good project management skills. Able to juggle multiple, and sometimes, conflicting priorities and needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Relevant degree/education required
- Self-driven leader able to work in a fast moving, ever-changing cross-functional team environment
- Proactive in nature and driven to act with a sense of urgency; able to work well under pressure and with demanding deadlines
- A growth mind-set with a keen interest to help build the Well Told brand to a large national scale
- Successful track record leading a creative team; able to delegate, coach, mentor and provide effective direction and feedback
- Strong collaboration and influence skills; able to build effective relationships with stakeholders across organizational levels
- Optimistic, energetic and naturally brings the fun to the office
About Well Told:
Well Told is life inspired products brand with a focus on creative-high quality everyday products. Our products are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, creative work ethic that is built upon user-centered design and creative cross functional collaboration. Great work is expected, and we have a flexible work location environment that includes remote collaborators, multiple city options, and at our head quarters in Exeter, NH we are creating an office to inspire us and have fun at the same time.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief note (5-10 sentences) about why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Well Told may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to have a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.