At Well Told, we believe that celebrating our passions is so important to leading a happy life, and that we can help bring those inspirations to interactions with everyday products. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers receive life inspired products they will love and help them inspire their next adventure. We Live Inspired.
Title: Director of Retail
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Retail will be responsible for guiding an integrated retail strategy, delivering a best-in-class Well Told brand experience within an online retail environment, delivering a retail expansion plan that includes channel prioritization, product category evolution and expansion, and defining and measuring KPI’s for success.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate Well Told’s retail strategy across all levels of the organization
- Partner with cross functional leaders to develop online retail channel focus and expansion roadmap
- Build and deliver a retail program that ensures operational excellence across all channels
- Ensure exceptional product knowledge and sustainable, high service standards
- Monitor sales performance, retail KPIs, non-selling activities, team structures and identify solutions to drive business performance
- Review and analyze monthly operational and overhead expenses to strategize areas to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Streamline operational logistics and procedures creating seamless and integrated processes focused on an elevated customer experience, online store ease-of-use, omni-channel approach and consistency to brand standards
- Support, as a key stakeholder, all Inventory Control, Internal Control and Asset Protection initiatives
- Oversee inventory forecasting to ensure sell through, enable confident purchasing plans and support quarterly cycle counts & annual physical inventory
- Partner with eCommerce, Wholesale Operations and IT teams to ensure a consistent and elevated omni-channel approach on all processes and procedures
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of retail experience
- Prior experience expanding digital brands
- Ability to develop and articulate a retail strategy while having a strong grasp on the details of the business and production capabilities
- Established experience setting and meeting retail KPI’s, driving operational excellence and sales performance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to establish and report on metrics
- An inquisitive mind – not satisfied with the status quo
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail (self-proofing/editing)
- A curious and innovative thinker
- Adaptive to change and tight deadlines
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment: you seek efficiencies and improvements and are excellent at prioritizing
- Able to collaborate with project partners throughout departments
- Strong communication skills and great working with other people
About Well Told:
Well Told is life inspired products brand with a focus on creative-high quality everyday products. Our products are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, creative work ethic that is built upon user-centered design and creative cross functional collaboration. Great work is expected, and we have a flexible work location environment that includes remote collaborators, multiple city options, and at our headquarters in Exeter, NH we are creating an office to inspire us and have fun at the same time.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief note (5-10 sentences) about why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com.
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Well Told may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to have a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.